Sunday, February 1, 2009

family.

I recently met my Danish visiting family!

Visiting family: A local family who I spend time with, eat dinner with once in a while, and learn what the Danish family culture is all about.

My visiting family called me about 20 min before dinner ans asked if i would like to join them in a very casual, nothing special dinner with them last Thursday. I was ecstatic and immediately accepted their invite. Twenty minutes later I was picked up by the mom and a very friendly golden retriever, Nala! We drove along the coast to their home a little bit north of Copenhagen. Their home was very nice and they made me feel at home right away.

Both the mom and the dad, Karen and Allen, are doctors. I met their daughter Ea who is 15 and very friendly. They all speak English very well and are all very smart people. Karen and I talked after dinner about how important studying other cultures and being abroad is. She has been all around the US and worked in hospitals in many areas. Allen also travels a lot.

It was so nice to have a home cooked meal and to be around a Danish family, or a family in general. It made me miss mine a little, but its so easy with technology to keep in touch and I don't feel all that far away.

Tonight I am watching the Superbowl in real time here in Copenhagen, which means kick off is at 12:30am.... I doubt I will make it much later though, I have a long 8:30-2:30 day full of back to back classes.

No comments:

Post a Comment